- Shop less, save save save more. Sounds so easy, doesn't it! This goes hand in hand with my goal to buy my own home in 2013.
- No more dairy! It does a number on my skin...no matter how much I love cheese, my face does not.
- Eat healthy, drink more water, exercise more. Blah, blah, blah. Just another perfect time to get it into my brain.
The past couple of months have been tough ones for me. I thought 2011 was going to be my year, ya know? Life was on the right course until right before Thanksgiving. I'm usually the holiday season's number one fan. That means that my apartment turns into a winter wonderland with garland, lights, trees, santa, snowflakes...you get the idea. My gifts have been carefully purchased, beautifully wrapped and placed under the tree. My holiday tunes are pumping all day long and have been since the day before Thanksgiving. I've been to Christmas concerts, holiday parties and family baking days. Unfortunately, this year was different. It took a lot longer for me to get into the spirit and still now - even after Christmas, I'm just not there and I never was. I wish I could say that the Christmas spirit was in my heart. It kills me that it wasn't in me this year, but I'm still hurting and still healing. Someday I will look back and see how this situation played a positive role in my life but for now, it's day by day. Luckily, I have friends and family that are unrivaled when it comes to loyalty and love, which is exactly what I need right now.
I came across a quote today that sums me up pretty perfectly these days...
"Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway." - Emory Austin
The best is yet to come for me, no doubt.
xoxo,
laura
No comments:
Post a Comment