Monday, December 3, 2012

Weekend Recap!

Welcome to Monday!

This past weekend was a great mix of fun and relaxation. It was my last low key weekend before all the holiday celebrations begin, so I tried to be as productive as possible!

On Friday night, I went out for HH and dinner with two of my favorite co-workers (and friends). We had a drink at Crave, then went to Seven for a yummy sushi dinner. After dinner, we headed to Kierans for a Crispin before calling it a night. I was home, all tucked in by 10:30pm. In my opinion, that is a great Friday night! (Old lady alert, old lady alert!)

Saturday morning I got up, packed up my "getting ready" stuff and headed to the gym for Zumba class. Zumba is one of my favorite workouts, so what better way to start a Saturday?! Then I grabbed a coffee and headed over to Grand Avenue for Grand Meander. I met up with my mom and some of her friends for Bloody Mary's, shopping, soup tasting, more shopping, then lunch at The Lex. My grandfather did all the interior woodwork in the bar and restaurant, so we love going there whenever we have the chance! On Saturday evening, Greta came over and we worked on our costumes for the Christmas party...did I mention it's a costume party?! Oh. Well, it is!

Sunday I did laundry, watched football, went to the gym and made a Target run. I also made shortbread cookies for the first step of these bad boys: Salted Caramel Shortbread Cookies. Don't they look delicious?! I knew it wasn't something I could tackle all in one work night. So, I baked the cookies on Sunday and put them in the freezer. Sometime this week, I will do the caramel and chocolate drizzle. Yum...love Christmas!!!

Gearing up for another busy week of work, gym time, baking and other general holiday fun!

xo,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment