Thursday, December 30, 2010

2011...Here I Come!

 Here is a little survey about the past year. Although I haven't really made a resolution for 2011, I know that it can only get better. 2010 wasn't as bad as 2009, but it wasn't the best year of my life - that's for sure! There is so much I want to accomplish in this life, and I finally feel like I'm ready to move forward! 

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Unfortunately, 2010 was not a monumental year in my life...in any way. I am so looking forward to ringing in a new year, full of promise and endless possibilities!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember what my resolution was for 2010...so I'm going to have to default to "no"...??

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! My cousin's wife, Christine had Baby Ethan in November.
More babies in 2011 for friends and family too!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
We lost my Grandma Jones this year; she was weeks shy of 94. She lived a wonderful life here on Earth. We all miss her so much but we know that she is in Heaven with some pretty amazing people. I've decided that it's probably Happy Hour all the time in Heaven.

5. What countries did you visit?
I hardly left Minnesota this year! It was a tough year to travel for me because of my job situation.
I did get to Nashville three times - once for Steeplechase, once for Jen & Lee's wedding and once for Kelli & Dale's and Jenn & David's wedding. I also went out west to Seattle and Central Washington for a long weekend of camping, wine tasting and an awesome concert!

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
PTO days - and I HAVE THEM NOW!!

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Again, not a monumental year in the life of me...

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Landing a permanent, full-time job in my field that I LOVE!

9. What was your biggest failure?
There isn't anything that happened in 2010 that I would consider a failure. Of course there are things that happened in my life that weren't ideal, but I do my best to be positive and not have regrets.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing serious - a few bruises from soccer and intense tubing over the 4th of July, but that's about it!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
I didn't do much buying this year, but I did receive a new digital camera and a kindle - both as gifts and I adore them both!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My mom - having to deal with her failing mother all year long. She was the person bringing grandma to appointments and visiting her all the time, even when it was hard to see her as a different person. The way my mom treated my grandma is commendable and believe me, I was taking mental notes.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I'm not going to call anyone out, but I did learn from someones ridiculous behavior. My family is my most treasured gift and I consider myself lucky and blessed to have them in my life. No family is perfect, but you deal with what you have been given and make the best of it. Love and support is happily given in our family, but when you take advantage of the way you are treated by family it makes people turned off to you and your attitude. There is only so much a grown person should have to do to make an unhappy, spoiled brat of an adult snap out of it and realize that they have lived a life of privilege and nobody feels sorry for them…especially with the attitude of snotty, hormonal teenage girl.
::Stepping off my soapbox::

14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent. Fun.

15. What did you get really excited about?
Job Job JOB!! I LOVE my new job!!

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
So many..."F*$^ You" by Cee Lo Green, "King of Anything" by Sara Bareillass, “Haven’t Met You Yet” by Michael Buble

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
(a) happier or sadder?
This one is a toss up. The status of my life has shifted and I am now professionally fulfilled...last time this year, I would say I was professionally questionable. However, my "love life" has also done a 180. It is what it is, I guess!
(b) thinner or fatter?
I'm going to go with fatter...HERE's to 2011!!!
(c) richer or poorer?
I'm not sure that "richer" is the correct term, but I'm more financially stable.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I could have spent more time at the cabin - summer of 2011, it's ON!

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I wish I wouldn't have invested so much of my time in a relationship that I knew was going nowhere. Just being honest...

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas was full of fun gatherings with family and friends.
The Sandbo women got together this year and had a baking day! It happened to fall on the same day as the biggest blizzard in 20 years, which in my opinion is the perfect weather to lock yourself inside and bake! In remembrance of Virg and Joyce we baked and decorated with a glass of wine in hand :)
We continued our tradition of seeing the Twin Cities Gay Men's Chorus Christmas Concert - always a fun one! Followed by dinner at The Loring Pasta Bar, YUM!
I had a Christmas Party this year and it turned out to be a fun night for everyone!
Christmas Eve was hosted by Diane. We had our traditional Eve meal - meatballs, ham, potatoes, salad and lots of treats to round it all out!
Christmas Morning was the 4 of us at Mom and Dad's house. We opened presents, ate breakfast and lounged around...but not for too long! We were having 20 people over that afternoon and Mom put us all to work! I made a tasty cornbread stuffing. The rest of the fam (and Christine's family too) came over for dinner, dessert and games!
I had a great Christmas this year and I almost can't believe it's already over! 

21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
I did not fall in love in 2010...thank you very much.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Let's see...Glee, The Sing Off, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Chelsea Lately, Giulianna and Bill
Here's the good news - Santa brought me a kindle and I have been reading rather than watching TV this past week!

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I'm not a hater, but there are people who have lost my respect over the course of 2010. Luckily, they are people that I don't let weigh in on my life or my outlook.

24. What was the best book you read?
The Help. I hope to read a lot more in 2011!

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don’t think I “discovered” anyone new this year…but did enjoy a lot of great music!

26. What did you want and get?
I wanted a permanent, full-time job that I love...and officially as of 12/30/10 - I GOT IT!

27. What did you want and not get?
There isn’t anything I can think of off the top of my head…although I do have a list of things I would like to get at some point. That list includes: a car, Ugg boots, a bike, a new iPod…it goes on…

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I don't see many movies, but I loved The Social Network

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27 this year. Hard to type that without hesitation!
Mal took me to a Gopher football the weekend before - we tailgated and had a blast! The next weekend, I went to dinner at Loring Kitchen and Bar with Greta, Lisa, Liz and Catherine. After dinner, G and I went to la belle vie for fancy cocktails - my favorite place for girl’s night!
Oh my actual birthday was the season premier of Glee. I had some girlfriends over for snacks, treats and Glee! My mom surprised me and showed up too!

30. What one thing that made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Finding a job that I love. It makes waking up every day so much easier when you enjoy being at work.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Too focused around work clothes! Now that I can be casual at work and I know I will be here for a long while, I can start investing money in the clothes I know I will wear for a long time! (Not black pants business casual...just casual!)

32. What kept you sane?
Being surrounded by supportive and loving friends and family.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Kate Middleton -class act.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Don't Ask Don't Tell - finally repealed, took long enough!

35. Who did you miss?
My Nashville friends, Kristin in LA...someone that I shouldn't miss, but I did and sometimes still do. Why is it always heart over head? Good thing I'm not a dumb girl.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
I met so many new people in 2010 and I'm so thankful to be expanding my social circle!

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Sometimes you have to do something wild and crazy to figure out what you want in life...or to make sure that you DON'T want what you thought you may have once wanted. Cryptic answer?

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Who died and made you king of anything?


A BIG FAT Adios to 2010. 
Cheers to 2011!

xo,
L


No comments:

Post a Comment