Friday, February 4, 2011

Love is in the air...

Not MY air...someone else's air.

My dear friend Casi got engaged to her perfect mate and Mr. Right on New Year's Eve! These two lovebirds aren't wasting any time - the date is set and they are getting hitched on May 1st! I don't know two people who are more perfect for each other. They have been so supportive of each other in every aspect of their lives from the day they met. They are so ready to start their married life together! (...and I'm so ready for the parties to celebrate that!) She found the perfect dress, picked a beautiful venue, a photographer, a DJ (Mindub, my personal fave), and the bridesmaid dresses were ordered yesterday! It's a quick turnaround time and Casi, Aaron and their families have done an awesome job at covering all the details in record speed!
Aaron and Casi!
 Casi and I went to college together, we were sorority sisters and have become very close friends over the years. We have so many memories...some involve sad tears but more involve happy tears from laughing so hard! We always have so much fun whatever we do, wherever we go! Her family became my second family during my time in Nashville. They always welcomed me with open arms (that may be because I usually show up with baked goods ;) and I cannot tell them how much it means to me. I received an adorable card in the mail yesterday from Casi with a sweet poem inside, asking me to be her Maid of Honor! I was initially so excited just to get a piece of mail that wasn't a bill, so I opened it up as I was walking up the stairs to my 3rd floor apartment. I not so gracefully yelled "Oh my goooosh!!" and tripped up, then back down the staircase. Then I called Casi to officially accept (I didn't realize I had a choice until she asked me, "Soo, is that a yes?") and got caught up on the most recent decisions she has made for the big day. As soon as we got off the phone, I started some planning of my own - THE BACHELORETTE PARTY! I already have found some fun ideas...all of which will remain a secret for now! The Bachelorette Bash will be the Friday before the wedding, with hopes that any out of town friends can make it to "The Last Fling Before the Ring" (that's the working title)!

I believe being the MOH also means I have to make a toast to the bride and groom at the reception. It's something that, quite frankly, makes my palms sweat but I'm bound and determined to write a proper toast in celebration of the love that Casi and Aaron share and the beautiful (and fun) life that is ahead of them. My plan of attack is to watch my favorite love movies while working my way through a box a bottle a couple glasses of wine and see what I come up with.  I don't plan on giving advice because clearly I know nothing about marriage...but I'm hoping that after the vino, it will be a mix of funny, clever and cute. Then I will take time to soberly work my way to some flowing, lovely and appropriate words for my sweet friends.

Here are a few pictures of Casi and I over the years...

Steeplechase - May 2009
NYC! - November 2008
New Year's Eve 2007 in Memphis
Spring Break Cruise! - March 2006
I am so happy for Casi and I could not be more excited and honored to stand by her side as she begins the next chapter of her life as MRS. M!


xoxo,

L

No comments:

Post a Comment