I did it. I bought a house...soon to be my home. I suppose it's not officially official until I sign my name 97 times when I close on April 23rd. That's 13 days from now and all I can think about is, "What am I going to do first?". That's a lie...I know exactly what I'm going to do first. I will mark my territory by hanging a DIY hydrangea pintrest wreath at my front door. Then, I will scrub my bathroom until the peach tiles sparkle. I've decided to embrace the peach tiles, at least for now. I'm going to first focus my time and efforts on the kitchen, living room and dining room. Then after those are up to par, I will tackle the 2 bedrooms, bathroom and hallway. Sidebar: if anyone knows how to deal with a peach bathroom, let me know. I've got my sledgehammer ready, I just need a project "sponsor"...Patti? Bob? I'm told gray will balance out the peach. Other projects to be done include (but are not limited to):
- I've hired a locksmith to re-key all the doors on the 23rd. It's my house now!
- Painting kitchen cabinets, trim and door "Benjamin Moore White Dove" and replacing hardware with oil rubbed bronze drawer pulls and knobs. Also painting the walls in the kitchen.
- Painting all trim and doors "Benjamin Moore White Dove" in the living and dining rooms...not the windows yet, but they do need re-staining. Also painting these walls.
- Purchasing a new stainless gas stove and fridge. The kitchen does have working appliances, but they are old and very uncute.
- Take down heinous curtains left by previous owners. I would rather be exposed to strangers than look at these cream fabric monstrosities for a moment longer!
- Replace all floor vents, outlets and light switches with nice, clean, new white ones.
- Adding gutter extenders and soil/mulch around the perimeter of the house to create a proper slope away, to keep moisture out. (I've hired Bob, it will cost me one day's worth of Budweiser.)
- Power washing the siding and the deck, then treating the deck. (Bob has volunteered to do this. I will thank him with one day's worth of Budweiser.)
- Dig up the 5 tiny evergreens that were planted in a row, smack dab in the middle of the front yard. You can see a couple of them in the picture above. (Bob also volunteered to do this. I will thank him with 5 tiny evergreens for his yard.)
- Replace front porch light with one that doesn't have the glass busted out of it. Gotta keep the place looking classy.
- Purchase patio furniture for the deck. We finally have spring and I'm gonna need to enjoy my coffee on the deck every morning.
xoxo,
l

No comments:
Post a Comment