Friday, April 11, 2014

DIY hydrangea wreath

I saw these cute DIY wreaths on pinterest and decided to take a stab at making my own. CRAFTS!
So, I went to Michael's (20% off my entire purchase coupon in hand) and picked up my supplies. I bought 8 silk hydrangeas ($8 each, which were also an additional 40% off), the wreath made of sticks ($5) and a glue gun and some floral wire. My total was about $40, but I will be able to re-use the glue gun and wire for all the other wreaths I'm going to make now that I'm a home owner. So, without further adieu...

1. Here are my supplies:


2. I cut the stems off each flower, leaving about 6 inches. I shoved the stem through the wreath in the pattern and spacing that I wanted.
 

3. Then I bent the stems and tucked them into the wreath and wrapped wire around each stem.


4. Then I flipped it over, and this is what I saw! Obviously the spacing is all off, so I cut the wire all off and readjusted the placement. I ended up just using the glue gun to make sure the stem stays in place, for-ev-er.
 

5. Then I shoved leaves in the open-ish areas and hot glued them into place. I might re-do a few of these, but I think it turned out pretty cute! 
 

Now I just have to wait until April 23rd to hang this sucker on my very own house. YES! xoxo,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment