Friends and Strangers,
Yes. I have been MIA in these parts. Life gets busy, blah blah blah...but I'm here now, and hope to be back more frequently in the future. I do have a lot to catch you up on (you're dying to know, right?!), but let's start simple. My weekend:
It started off with a farewell dinner party at my house. Cailin was heading back to Columbia on Sunday, so we made sure to get together one last time. I had big plans to use my grill for the first time...but that didn't exactly pan out. I couldn't get the f-ing thing started! I'm positive it's user error in assembly. I was so proud of myself for putting that thing together too. ANYWAYS, I broiled the kabobs and nobody cared that they weren't grilled (except maybe me). I also made an awesome Strawberry Shortcake cake, recipe courtesy of The Pioneer Woman. We drank lots of sangria and wine and enjoyed the lovely summer evening on the deck. (Thank god, because my AC is broken and the inside of my casa was a sauna...but that's a whole 'nother post) After all the ladies headed home, I got to work on the dishes. As I'm rinsing and scrubbing, I get a knock on my back door...it was my neighbor! They had seen that I was around and invited me over for a beer. It was so awesome to hang out with them. I have a feeling it was the liquid courage that got her to come over and knock on my back door, but I am SO glad that she did! We had a blast and finally at 3am, my head hit the pillow.
Saturday was pretty low key. Liz and I went to brunch at Pizza Luce and I took an amazing nap. (Daydreaming about that nap right now...) Saturday evening, I headed downtown to the Zentgraf's for their annual Aquatennial Fireworks party. They live on the 22nd floor and their balcony faces the river -- the perfect spot for Minneapolis firework watching!
Sunday I slept in later than I have in a long time...well, sober slept in. You know what I mean. But it was great, clearly I needed it. 3am Friday nights will do that to a 30 year old. I had an 11:45am soccer game, which was a great (and sweaty) way to get my day started. I played with a new team, and I have to say, I played really well! I just subbed this week, but they asked me back for next week! After soccer, I stopped by Liz's to feed/play/cuddle Murphy. Late afternoon, Lily and Ali picked me up and we headed to Psycho Suzi's for some Sunday Funday patio time. We met up with some other friends there...unfortunately, the service was off the charts awful. After one round of drinks (and 2+ hours of waiting), we decided to head to the patio at Aster Cafe. One more round of drinks there and we called it a day. I headed home and did nothing productive, watched a little Orange is the New Black (still catching up on season 2) and went to bed. Monday mornings always come too fast!
This week is another busy one, but I will try and blog more these days. Might even add pictures.
xoxo,
l
No comments:
Post a Comment