Remember that "Five things..." post I did a while ago? And how I talked about how easy it was and maybe I should do that more often? Well, three months (and one measly blog post) later here I am, writing another Five things list.
1. I'm playing my first ever season of Fantasy Football! I was asked to play in the league at work and after much consideration, I accepted the invitation. I'm co-manager of The Cupcake Warriors and so far, we are kicking some serious cupcake! I must admit - being lazy on Sunday afternoons, eating game day snacks and throwing back a few brewskis with J also played a big part in my decision to join in on the fun. All for the sake of my team, must support the Cupcakes!
2. J and I are going to the symphony this weekend! This was all his idea, he is a classical music enthusiast. I enjoy it as well and I'm pretty excited about it! More importantly though, I can't wait to get dressed up and have a fancy-ish evening out. I'm also looking forward to see my handsome man in a tie ;) I have my outfit narrowed down to 3 dresses, I'm hoping to make that decision tonight. Mini-fashion show in apartment 48!
3. Mallory and I are all signed up for Sewing class! It's through Minneapolis Community Ed...you don't need a sewing machine (phew!) and my hope is to be able to make my own apron after 8 weeks of instruction. Maybe I will be asking for a sewing machine for Christmas? Then I can tote my machine up to Mal's place and we can sew while we drink wine and watch Real Housewives. We also signed up for a one night class on making Lefse! I have a feeling that my friends and family will be getting a lovely homemade tote bag filled with (hopefully) delicious homemade Lefse for Christmas this year. Shhhh, don't spoil my surprise!
4. Did number 3 make me sound old? Yeah. I thought so. I turn 28 in less than 2 weeks, yikes! I don't have any big plans for celebrating and I am 100% content with that. J will be out of town on my actual birthday, but we are planning on going camping the weekend before which will definitely be fun! On my actual birthday, I will go out to dinner with my parents...and that's all I got! Surprisingly enough, I am feeling really good about 28. Yes, I'm another year older but life seems to be getting better and better with age and I can't fight that.
5. FALL IS HERE! Fall is by far my favorite season. I always welcome it with open arms and try my best to hold on to it as long as possible...until the snow comes (boo!). Sweaters, boots, scarves, jeans...crisp air, cool evenings, turning leaves, pumpkin recipes, pumpkin everything...love Love LOVE!
Ok, back to the grind. Here's hoping that this lovely Fall Friday flies by!
xo,
L
No comments:
Post a Comment